Friends of Paraplegics (FOP) is a non-government, not for profit, and a-political organization registered with Directorate of social welfare, Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, under the (VSWA) ordinance XLVI of 1961 R.No-4127, striving for the rights, issues and well-being of People with Disabilities (PWD’s) in general and People with Spinal Cord Injuries in particular.
FOP was established in 2012 by the professionals and few graduates (Ex-patients) of the Paraplegic Center Peshawar, with the aims and objectives to provide a platform for Center’s graduates where they can interact with each other and get necessary assistance regarding their problems. Owning to the phenomenal success of this informal setup the organization was formally registered in 2014.
To encourage and enable people with all kinds of physical impairments to participate actively in the development of an inclusive society.
Promotion, Projection and Advocacy of the basic human rights of people with spinal cord injuries in particular & other disabilities in general.
Assist physically challenged individuals to live their lives to the fullest through social integration, skills development, and useful representation in all aspects of life.
Sensitization of the Medical fraternity, Govt functionaries, Political leaders, religious scholars and general masses regarding the plight & issues of people with all kinds of Physical disabilities.
To help and develop the distressed, needy, neglected and vulnerable people in Peshawar and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa socially and economically by providing them necessary assistance for sustaining their lives and conditions specially the women and children as well.
Aims and Objective
- To create awareness relevant to the social issues and rights of the people with disabilities in the community.
- To provide a platform for people with disabilities where they can get necessary assistance for sustaining their lives
- To organize entertainment activities for people with disabilities.
- To search and maintain statistics regarding people with disabilities.
- To organize skills training programs for people with disabilities.
- To create employment and business opportunities for people with disabilities.
- To create awareness among the people with disabilities on prevailing socioeconomic situation and encourage them for active participation in socio economic development programs.
- Ensure effective community based affordable and easy to access health care services for people with disabilities.